Of all the posts any of you can feel free to skip, this would be it. It could be entertaining though!
1) Funny moment #15 with the Landlord: My landlord may have called me out on not showering. Hey, I’m intimidated by foreign baths – who knows how to work those things? I was scarred by a frustrating experience in Paris! Anyways, moving on. He definitely came by my door, knocked, and when I opened made some gesture that I interpreted as being “Hey, crazy American girl, don’t you think you might want to wash up one of these days?” I nodded vigorously and asked him to show me how to use it. It was so straight forward – I must look like such a dolt!
2) Pretty sure European showers encourage self-love. Their showers, with the nozzle with the flexible hose so you have to move it around and specifically direct it at various points of your body, encourage you to really look at it and personally take care of it in a way that passive, American showers don’t. Does that make sense? I think it makes sense. I want a European bath in my house.
3) I’m actually only a block away from Old Town Sarajevo. Epic.
4) I have no idea how to find a grocery store here, even though I know I’m within 60m of one. Not just any grocery store either, but an international grocery store. It must be hiding from me. For anyone who would suggest google maps, it is no use! Google doesn’t navigate Sarajevo.
5) Espresso is delicious and definitely curbs the appetite 🙂